
Soft Pastel on Sennelier La Carte Paper
Price: Contact the artist.
Year painted: 2005
Pastels used: Nupastel, Rembrandt, Sennelier, Schmincke
Source: Photograph taken by the artist.
I used to keep chickens, and this is a painting of my Black Australorps hen, Serena, after she had gone broody for the first time. When you approach a hen that is sitting on eggs, she will ruffle her feathers to make herself look big and fierce. Serena, true to her name, never went beyond the ruffling pictured here. She would not even peck at your hand like many other grouchy broodies might. Black Aussies have a wonderful iridescence to their plumage, which came out nicely with Sennelier and Schmincke pastels.
2 comments:
I just clicked on your other blog and I just have to say. . WOW. I dabble in a little oil painting, just for fun, and am in awe of your talent. Thank you for sharing.
Scully, thank you!! Coming from you, I really appreciate the compliment.
Didn't you paint the picture entitled "Waiting" on your blog??? I thought that was quite breathtaking.
Post a Comment